On My Honour, the story of William Geary

Description of your first forum.

On My Honour, the story of William Geary

Postby cdillon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:00 pm

Dear Brothers

One of your associates advised me to acquaint you with a publication titled On My Honour, the story of William Geary an inspirational Police Officer inflicted with the gravest injustice; he triumphed in the end, against a malign succession of Irish governments, in a contest that lasted for 70 years. Most of his adult life was in America; he had a distinguished service in the American Air Force in WW 11 described in Chapter 6.

William Geary was born in Ireland, he was a founder member of the Garda Síochána (Irish police Force) , and when he died at 105 years of age he was the last man standing of the original police induction, his godson was a Supreme Court Judge in the State of New York. A man of great courage and integrity in recognition of William Geary’s merits he was Knighted by the Pope in Rome.

I am the author of On My Honour , I too served in the Irish Police Force and I was Editor of IPA Journal (The Journal of the International Police Association)for 20 years; I have been awarded Life membership. I corresponded with William Geary for many years.

I suggest that your members should request your local library to stock On My Honour and if successful the availability of the publication would make William Geary widely appreciated and enhance the image of police generally. The book is published by Mercier Publications, Cork, Ireland and should anyone wish to purchase a copy it is available in the U.S.A. The distributor for Mercier Publications in USA is:

Dufour Editions, P O Box 7, Chester Springs P A, USA 19425. Phone+1800 869 5677

With kind regards

BRENDON K COLVERT

Member, Chartered Institute of Journalists
cdillon
Site Admin

Return to Your first forum