INFORMATION FROM PHIL HASKETT (RET)

Description of your first forum.

INFORMATION FROM PHIL HASKETT (RET)

Postby cdillon » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:29 pm

Dennis Cappetto.png

Dennis Cappetto, 79, passed away April 14, 2024. Survived by his wife, Gloria Cappetto; daughter, Deanna (Fernando) Naranjo; grandchildren, Milana Naranjo and Enzo Naranjo; sister, Angela (John) Parnitzke; brothers, Michael Di Stefano and Nicholas Di Stefano. Preceded in death by his father, Fred Cappetto; mother, Doris Smith Cappetto Di Stefano; brothers, Fred Cappetto, Jr. and Joseph Cappetto. Dennis was born on June 30, 1944, in Chicago, Illinois. He retired from the Chicago Police Department after 36 years of service as a police officer. Dennis enjoyed riding motorcycles with his friends, having parties at the house, traveling by motorcycle, or car – muscle cars. He was a member of FOP #7; VFW Post 5812 and the Retired Chicago Police Association. Cremation, Montgomery & Steward Crematorium. A memorial service will be held at 2:00 p.m. Thursday, April 18, 2024, in the Montgomery & Steward Funeral Chapel. Interment will be held at a later date in the Central Texas State National Cemetery. Those who desire may make memorials to the Gary Sinise Foundation; St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital; or the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children. Dennis Cappetto - Montgomery & Steward (montgomerysteward.com).

John Marcantonio.jpg

John Paul Marcantonio, age 92, of Marco Island, Florida passed away on Friday, April 12, 2024. John was born on June 22, 1931, in Chicago, Illinois to Leonard and Philomena Marcantonio. He was the youngest of eleven children. John was preceded in death by his parents and all of his ten siblings. John married his wife Sadie on October 20, 1962. John is survived by his wife, Sadie Marcantonio of Marco Island, Florida, his daughters Michele Marcantonio of Marco Island, Florida and Alyssa Marcantonio of Savoy, Illinois, and his granddaughter, Dr. Mia (Mike) Kelly of Eau Claire, Wisconsin. All of whom he loved and protected endlessly. John was a police officer for over 37 years where he served and protected the public, as he did his family and friends. He valued hard work and loyalty and was wise, caring and kind. John was a member of the Fraternal Order of Police and the Retired Police Association. John was a lifelong sports fan. He was an avid fan of all Chicago sports teams and would watch any game he could. During his retirement, John loved to play golf, cards, and shuffleboard with family and friends. John will be greatly missed by his family and friends. Contributions in John’s memory can be made to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation or a charity of your choice. A private family memorial will be held.

Robert Westphal.jpg

Robert E. “Bob” Westphal age 84 US Marine Vet, Retired Chicago Police Dept. Beloved husband of Stephanie Westphal and the late Tammy Westphal. Devoted father of Tracy (Steve) Carlson, Bill (Kara) Westphal, the late Michael Westphal and Tricia (Tim) Dolph. Cherished Grandpa of Amy (Joe), Tommy, Steven, Amber, Matt, Brandi, Timmy, Marc, Hannah, Grace, Emma, Maggie, & Aidan. Cherished Great-Grandpa to Jimmy, Madison, Garret, Blake, Jackson, Kaylee Grace, Aubrey, Carter and Averie., Naomi, Kaiden and Jordan. Loving brother of Edward (Joyce) Westphal, Mary Ellen and the late James Westphal and brother-in-law of Val (Dennis) Osakada, Rob Hyman, Gretchen (Randy) Englund and the late Tom (Debby) Hyman, Penny Ziedas, Hank Vaci, Mike (Pat) Vaci, the late Diane Barron and the late Sue Honey. Bob was a graduate of Leo High School Class of 57. He was a star football player and continued his football career at Northern Illinois University. Bob was known as a mentor in the neighborhood through his endless hours of teaching and coaching. Bob was dedicated to the City of Chicago not only as a police officer but also a Chicago Fireman and Chicago Park District Security. He spent over 38 years on the Chicago Police Department with many of those years spent on Mayor Richard J. Daley’s Bodyguard Detail. A remarkable man and truly loved by many. Visitation will be held on Thursday, April 18, 2024, from 3:00 pm until 8:00 pm at the Schmaedeke Funeral Home, 10701 S. Harlem Ave, Worth. Chapel Prayers Friday April 19, 2024 at 9:00 AM. Mass of Christian Burial 10:00 AM St. Alexander Church, 7025 W. 126th Street, Palos Heights, IL. Enterment Holy Sepulchre Cemetery. In Lieu of flowers please make donations to Tunnel to Towers www.t2t.org. For information 708-448-6000 or www.schmaedekefuneralhome.com.

AND…

Subject: Tom Braband

Hi Guys,

Roger Musso and I got a text from Tom Braband yesterday with some sad news. Tom has been fighting cancer for a few years now. His health has declined rapidly in the previous few weeks and yesterday he entered hospice care. I talked with his daughter Kellie today (tues) and she informed me that Tom is in good spirits and is calling the shots. Tom would appreciate TEXTS, and absolutely NO visitors. He's just not up for visitors.

If you two could look at your contact lists and let anyone know who worked with Tom back in the day, it would be appreciated.

Tom's cell phone # is 773- 593- 6491

Thanks Guys,

Hope you're well.

Tony

AND…

The old 9th district reunion party!

I spoke with retired CPD Joe Mikulskis, and he advised me that those 9th. District rangers who worked during the years 1960 to the 1980’s or those over the age of 70 years may attend the reunion!

I'm trying to get the OLD 9th district reunion party going again BUT I have to get at least 60 people to come , so I'm asking everyone that is interested in coming to the party to contact me via email, phone or text that you will attend ( contact information will appear at the end of this email ) If you know anyone that would like to attend but has no email address have them give me a call . Family members are invited if your spouses are unable to drive to the reunion. It will take place the 7 th. or 14 th. of JUNE (IF WE GET ENOUGH PEOPLE TO COME). I will contact everyone prior to the dates if it will be a Go or not --- If it happens, it will take place at Moose Lodge 7536 S. Harlem Ave., 6 to 10 pm. PLEASE GET BACK TO ME! MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS joepa6830@gmail.com. Home phone 773-585-2996 Cell # 773 - 519 -2996. Text me on my cell number. THIS WILL BE THE OLD 9Th. District get together 60's , 70's, 80 's.

From the CPD Daily bulletin Apr. 17, 2024.

ALWAYS REMEMBERED!

Ronald Newman. . . . . . . . . . . 2020

DEATH NOTICE!

Passed away 12 April 2024, R E T I R E D P O L I C E O F F I C E R RUDY RODRIGUEZ, formerly assigned to Mass Transit.

Passed away 12 April 2024 THERESA ANN LIPA, mother of Police Officer Joseph Lipa assigned to District 016.

OFFICER WELLNESS!

Just a reminder: According to Department Directive E07-07, “A member’s absence from the unit for attendance at a Voluntary Annual Wellness Check-In session will be recorded as Attendance Code 60 — “Other” with no other notes, comments, or documentation in any of the above[1]listed records.” We encourage all CPD members to utilize the Voluntary Annual Wellness Check-In Program, along with the many other services and programs offered by the EAP. You can find more information on “The Wire” or by contacting any of our three locations. Stay safe and healthy.

EAP Central 1759 W. Adams Street (312) 743-0378 | Pax: 0580.

EAP North 5440 N. Cumberland Ave. 2nd Floor (312) 742-0226 | Pax: 0107.

EAP South 11540 S. Western Ave. (312) 742-0222 | Pax: 0106.
cdillon
Site Admin

Return to Your first forum